As of Saturday December 9, 2017 I left the wonderful world of bi-weekly pay cheques and a normal wage! However, I did not go quietly into that good night... I more raced gleefully into the welcoming arms of a culture that has been placed on the back burner for many years: snow culture!
One day I was selling gear to the masses, and the next I was in Whistler at the annual Snowboarders for Christ Canadian Summit surrounded by people whom I had all but forgotten about. My people. People who are passionately involved in bringing the Kingdom of Heaven to the mountains.
"One day I was selling gear to the masses, and the next I was in Whistler..."
Sure, I've been snowboarding the past few years but it's felt more like recreation rather than outreach. Possibly when you go with decreasing regularity the sport becomes more about riding and less about building connection with more people than those you go with.
Whistler, SFC, shredding...
I could not have ever dreamed a better transition combination than that! This winter I'll be spending several months with nothing better to do than lead people to the Kingdom using snowboarding. The opportunity to spend the first three days in a resort town, riding and getting stoked on Jesus and the upcoming season was absolutely priceless! I met loads of new friends, saw some old friends that I hadn't seen in nearly ten years.
Looking forward at the great abyss of possibility... and Whistler from the Peak2Peak.
So here I am now... living in Vancouver.
It's a Christmas miracle! It's amazing where you'll be willing to go when God calls you!
Stuff to pray about:
- Easy transition into the YWAM house: building good relationships with students
- Physical healing: I pulled my right shoulder a week ago; my hamstring injury from May was flaring up again when I was riding on Monday
- Pray for snow! The current inversion layers plaguing the south coast aren't blessing us with snowy conditions!
- Rad Jesus connections on the mountains! Kingdom come!
- Both linking up with SFC and our own YWAM ministry
- Finances! Living in Vancouver isn't super cheap... to the tune of $2500/mo not cheap!
- Want to more about my budget breakdown? Use the form below to send me a quick email:
"How do I hear more?!"
If you would like to be added to my mailing list please add your info below.
Thanks for your support!