I'm sitting here listening the new U2 album thinking about the future and I glance up at the browser tab to see which song is playing:
"Get Out Of Your Own Way"
God, are you trying to tell me something?
"Be strong and very courageous... do not turn to the right or the left, that you may have good success wherever you go."
Learning to be still in a turbulent environment.
As it sits right now we have two-ish students accepted for the school that starts January 4th. We've set a deadline of December 15th to postpone the DTS until next year if we don't have enough students...
...it would be incredible to actually have a year to plan and prepare!
So what would life look like without students or a school?
The plan is to snowboard lots (I have to be a good steward of my Mt Seymour seasons pass!), connect with other local ministries like Snowboarders For Christ, work on marketing the school, still travel to Japan to build connection for next year's outreach.
How can you get involved?
- Financial support is hugely needed!
- YWAM Canada has a few great options here: http://www.ywamcanada.org/donations.html
- I'm also set up on Chimp for online donations: http://go.chimp.net/ywam/HC23
- Funds are directed to me via YWAM Canada and my personal code is "Chris Harder | HC23"
- My budget puts me at $2500/mo to cover my costs of living in Vancouver. As a donor, if you'd like to see a more detailed budget I would be happy to provide one.
- Pray for snow! We are snowboarders after all...
- Pray for good decision making regarding students and whether or not we postpone until next year.
- Pray for awesome Jesus connections as we ride and travel.
- Although I'm really excited to be writing the next chapter in my story, I'm slightly nervous about moving away from a regular pay cheque.
- Pray that I would have opportunities for photography work while I'm entering into this next chapter... I'm all or nothing now!
- Pray for divine financial strategies! I'm convinced that missionaries should be the poor and needy... "that I would have more than enough to sow into the Kingdom of Heaven!" If you're familiar with Bethel Church's offering reading #1!
- Join us at the mountain! Bring your stoke and hang out with us as we do what we love: playing in the mountains on snow and sharing Holy Spirit!
The journey isn't always easy but it is rewarding.
Want to get regular (-ish) emails from me with updates and prayer requests? Fill out the form below to add your info to my Mail Chimp support list.